Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Best Science Fiction Films of the 21st Century (so far)

First, yeah...sorry about the break in the blog.  I don't like summer.  It saps me.  My brain just doesn't work as well, creatively or intellectually.  I rarely can read in the summer anything of any depth.  Writing just isn't there.  So, I do yard work, house work, work work, goof off, and watch movies in the summer.  But, there is a sense of impending Autumn which I mark with a resumption of this blog.  And hopefully more work on things like The Yule Siege (which I hope to finish this year) and other projects.  On the publishing side:  I'm taking a little hiatus to keep things simple for the divorce.  Though, I have submitted Dancer to a publisher who is having an open solicitations period for unagented works.

So, anyway, about ten days ago I stumbled upon this list:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the-25-best-sci-fi-films-of-the-century-so-far-20150507

A list of the 25 best science fiction films since the year 2000.  I've seen most, but I hadn't seen any of the top four.  Last week I caught Children of Men which was #1 and this week I've seen #2 Upstream Color and #3 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I'll be writing reviews under the subheading 25BestSFMovies21stCentury.

Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment