Thursday, February 13, 2020

Remembering Liz on Her Birthday

Today is going to be a tough day for me.  February 13th will always be hard for me for the rest of the days of my life.

Liz's birthday.

I honor you today, Lizzie.  As I shall always on this day.

I loved you.  So goddamn much.  I always tried to help you, even after everything, after our marriage was over, I still tried.  But, I failed you.  And I'm so sorry.  I wish you hadn't cut off contact with me last May.  I might have been able to talk some sense into you.  But, this world was always so hard on you.  It beat you up.  I know it did, because it beat me up, it still beats me up.

At one time we had the world.  We had each other.  We had our friends.  We had our band.  Then, things, started to fall away from us.  It's the nature of things, I guess.

One day, I hope to cherish the memories of our times together, right now, every memory is torture.  But, that's not your fault.

I wish you had had the strength to hold on.  I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in your darkness hour.  I'm sorry about everything.

Rest in Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment