Friday, November 8, 2019

Des Vu

Quote:time is sweeping past you, right where you sit.
But once in a while you look up,
and actually feel the inertia,
and watch as the present turns into a memory
-as if some future you is already looking back on it.

Dès Vu.

...
You are two people still separated by an ocean of time,
Part of you bursting to talk about what you saw,
Part of you longing to tell you what it means.

https://www.seeker.com/des-vu-the-awaren...74534.html

Some of the most powerful moments of my life have this quality about them. This trans temporal awareness, when I tapped into the feelings of future me's memories of the events as they happened. It was almost always little moments, usually alone, when I was caught up in a this feeling...that I would remember that moment, that I was in the future remembering it, even then.

Sometimes, I wonder, if these odd moments of my future consciousness visiting my past mind somehow or other, changed things for me, in a sort of minor Ashton Kutchner Butterfly Effect way.

Have you ever felt this?

No comments:

Post a Comment