Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I'm a lot like Jill

It's Tuesday so that means there are New Chapters up at The Confessions of a Supervillain novel blog.  Jill is a lot like me.

confessionsofasupervillain.blogspot.com


Let me tell you a little bit about my roommate, Jill.  She was once, just a couple of years ago, rich.  Ran the family business, did quite well for herself.  She took care of her dad with dementia, 24/7, worked, did it all.  Then, she lost it all.  Her dad went into an assisted-living home, they took the house she lived in, and the business she worked at, to pay for it all.  She tried to start over; and attempted to build a trans refuge colony in the South of France.  People shit themselves, funding fell through, real estate issues, immigration issues, a bout of pneumonia, and the next thing you know, she was back in the states, spending the few days before eviction at her dad’s house, trying to figure something out.  She took the one offer from Jackie for her to come to Albany.  They had a new apartment now; Jill had a decent enough job as an assistant manager at an auto parts store.  Sometimes, I would zip into her job and hyper-sonically put parts away for her.  Once, when I was pissed at her, I put the parts back on the carts, forcing her to put them away again.  What can I say?  Sometimes, I’m a dick.

Jill was also a science fiction novelist, whose star looked promising at first, but whose bad publishing luck, with a measure of bad agents, soured her on the whole deal.  Before that she was the lead guitarist in a modestly successful rock band, which she quit to transition.  She is pretty cool, and a fun person to talk too.  She really has helped me get a handle on some of this time travel stuff.  So has Jackie, and we’ll get to her as well in upcoming chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment