Saturday, November 16, 2019

Today

Today, I'm off (as I had to work open to close to cover for a coworker) and I'm playing the second-guessing game.  I've always thought I was so fucking smart, that I knew what people thought, what they would do, how they would react to my actions, and I was almost always wrong.  It has cost me so much.  I've also had this ridiculous code of honor that comics, superhero cartoons and old books taught me, that I thought I was right to stick to.  Sometimes, I've held fast to promises, to my code, and it has hurt people.  I'll be forever beating myself up about Lizzy.  What I should have done, what I could have done differently.  I sometimes wish I could Aston-Kutcher-Butterfly-Effect myself back to periods in my life, and try to fix my mistakes.  Today there is a pervasive sense of quiet sadness, of over-arching failure in my personal affairs which is echoed in the world at large with failing institutions falling prey the forces to fascism and nihilism.  This is the worst timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment