Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

It's been a tough year for me, personally, and for the world, in general.  I've lost two of the women who had been among the most important relationships of my life, to their own hand, in 2019.  But, I still have a lot that I'm thankful for.

I'm most thankful for Octavia, my girlfriend.  She's everything to me.  To paraphrase Cormac McCarthy, "She's my warrant."

I'm thankful to live in a universe where I was able to start to build a new life after losing everything.  I'm thankful for my apartment, my car, my job, for the food on my table.  I'm thankful for the many breaks the universe has tossed my way.

I'm thankful for my family, even though so many of them hate my guts.  I'm thankful for the few friendships I've been able to maintain for decades.

I'm thankful for music, especially 70s progressive rock music, it has been there for me since 1980 (when I discovered the genre).

I'm thankful for having had the opportunity to travel the world, including Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, Jamaica, England, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, and most of the states east of the Mississippi.

I'm thankful that I'm in a place in my life where I can write again.  I'm thankful to you for reading.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment