Saturday, November 9, 2019

Elizabeth

Got some very sad news yesterday.  My longtime readers will remember Liz, my ex wife (Elizabeth Anne Henry Hignutt).  I am sorry to report that she took her own life on Monday night or early Tuesday morning, hence I shaw always, "remember, remember, the 5th of November."   We had split in late 2014, and divorced in early 2016.  She had always had mental health issues, but in 2014, she took herself off her medications and things began to go downhill for her.

When we met, in was in November 1990, and she was trying out for my rock band, Mystic Spyder.  She got the job as singer.  We had a lot of good times together.  We saw the world together.  We stood by each other for a lot longer than people thought we would.  We raised two cats together, Nox and Jasper.  We took care of my dad together.

Elizabeth loved music.  So much.  Her favorite band was Yes when I met her, and she always had a soft spot for them.  Later, she discovered Muse and many other bands, but Jon Anderson and Yes always ruled supreme.  She loved action movies.  She loved Keanu Reeves.

I'm pretty crushed by this news.  It's been a tough year.  My sister took her own life back in January.  Now, both my family members with mental illness issues have cashed out in 2019.  The world is a bleak place.  It's a little colder.  A lot sadder.  With less music.

I feel like a failed her.  Like I failed every body I've ever cared about.  That seems to be what I do.

Sorry to be so personal today.  It's a sad day.  I miss the person she was.  I always hoped for a happy ending for her.  She had such a tragic story with her mother dying when Liz was only 11.  She sent a few texts saying goodbye to a few people.  She told them that no one would stop her from seeing her mom again.  They are now reunited.

Fuck this planet of sorrow and pain.  Shit sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment