Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Dancer in the Infinite - Chapter 46


Chapter 46   Morphic Resonance, Many Worlds, and Magic Bullets



 Everything in our universe -- including you and me, every atom and every galaxy -- has counterparts in these other universes – David Duetsch

 

There is no law other than the law that there is no law. – John Wheeler

 

     “No, seriously, what the fuck just happened?” Marie demanded.  He shot at me, three times, at crazy close range.  How am I still alive?”

     She was shaking, more in fear of the mysteries of her not being dead, than from the attempt itself.  It shook her to the core of her being, a clingy uncertainty that seemed to destroy the very basis of reality itself.

     “I can’t be certain,” answered Barry while driving.  “But, I can make a guess.”

     “You said something about quantum uncertainty?”

     “Quantum Indeterminancy,” the physicist corrected.  “Yeah, that certainly had to have played a role.  Remember, we’re made mostly out of space and probability at the most basic levels of reality—the quantum realm.  Somehow, part of you made sure, that your constituent particles weren’t in the way of the bullet at any time that it passed through you.  In a sense, you phased yourself out of the way.”

     “How could I do that?  I don’t know how to do that!”

     “Well, this version of you doesn’t.  But, remember, there are lots’ of Marie Brabants in different universes that have already mastered the ability to move from one reality to the next, so Jackie would say that this would enable many other Marie Brabants to access this ability unconsciously.”

     “But, it’s not like I was hooked up to your interface equipment stuff!” Marie protested.

     “No, you weren’t and that’s the interesting part.  Like, I said, I’m not sure.  This is pretty new stuff to all of us.  But, apparently, and I’m really just guessing … the more Marie  Brabant’s there are in the interstitial trans-dimensional boundaries, the more you are able to control your quantum field on an unconscious level.  For all I know, you may have also, affected the quantum field of the bullets too.”

     She sighed, understanding only a little, “Why me?  Is it something to do with my DNA then?”

     “Possibly, that’s what Jackie thinks, that’s what a lot of Jackies think actually … but I have a different theory.  I think it’s kind of a chicken of the egg kind of a thing.  I think that your DNA and that of your ancestors has this mutation is not a result of being related to Jesus or such Dan Brown nonsense … I think it’s the other way around.  And today has made me more certain of it.”

     “What do you mean?”

     “I think all those Marie Brabants out there whizzing in and out of existence, popping between universes, spending time between universes … through trans-dimensional morphic resonance affected not only other Maire Brabants, but also her, er, your ancestors.”

     Marie shook her head in savage disbelief, “No, that’s impossible.  How could such things work backwards in time.  That’s entirely contrary to Jackie’s theory … I’ve actually read her book, you know.”

     “I think that things that occur between universes, or within as we here call it interstitial trans-dimensional boundaries … can transcend time … and work in a recursive manner.”

     And with that, they he pulled into the open parking spot outside Chateau de Pays m des Merveilles.

     “We’re back,” he leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips.  “Thank you for surviving that.  I’m sorry I put you needlessly in such danger.  I promise to be more careful from here on out.”

     Marie kissed him back.

copyright 2017 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment