Friday, February 13, 2015

Real Life is Not a Faerie Tale

Exactly twenty-four years ago Liz and I went on our first date.  We had drinks at Alephia's in Deptford, NJ before going to see the movie, Kindergarten Cop.  As I've been knee deep in lately in revising and editing my Moonsword Trilogy which spends a great deal of time on the relationship of Tolian and Brythia, who are indeed based on our relationship, I'm forced to note that real life is not a faerie tale.  Whereas the fictional couple are tied by the magickal bonds of druidic love spells for all eternity, Liz and I are separated and will be getting divorced shortly.  It's a bit bittersweet for me.  Maybe that's why fiction is better than real life.  Well, Happy Valentine's Day to Tolian, Brythia, and you and yours good reader.

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry how all this turned out. I know it is very painful. Maybe there is a wonderful new tale in your future?

    ReplyDelete