Friday, September 1, 2017

A Dancer in the Infinite - Chapter 64


Chapter 64 In the Temple of Mikc-Serggue’ll Floitz

The person I am now, compared with the person in the dream, has been baffled and defeated and only supposes he enjoys a full life. In the dreams, I see what a full life really consists of, and it is not what I really have. – Philip K. Dick

 

I have said it thrice: What I tell you three times is true.- Lewis Carroll

 

     “What do you mean we have all the time we need?  Usually, I just fade away back to the Chateau after a few minutes.”

     “This is true.  True, enough.”

     “So, why would this time be different?”

     “The other two times, you stayed long enough to complete your mission.  And they you went back home, after your mission was done.  See?”

     “So, you’re saying that since my missions were simply to go, first to Earth II and second to Portugal, they were finished as soon as I had established those location facts?”

     “No need to repeat me,” said the lemur regaining some semblance of his irritability, “I had already said that.”

     “Sorry.”

     “it’s okay…I like you best…so you see, until you learn what you need to learn…you will remain in other dimension.”

     “How does that work?  By what mechanism?”

     “You are the mechanism.  Your mind is the mechanism.  It knows far more than you think it knows, far more, infinitely more.”

     “So, what can you tell me that can help us?”

     “Two very important things.  Two things you do not know that you know.  You humans are so funny that way, especially you Marie Brabants, funny. Yes, very funny.”

     “I’m glad you’re amused.”

     “And so polite!”

     “We’ve established that.”

     “Yes, yes we have.  First thing, you must beware the Boojum Marie.”

     “Boojum?  What’s a Boojum?”

     “A Boojum is another Marie Brabant, but one from a different universe…I do not know if there is a Boojum to match a Marie Brabant of your stature, or if there is not.  But, since I am supposed to tell you this, I assume there is.  If you and this Boojum should come into contact you both will lose your powers as long as you remain so.”

     “Wait, who told you to tell me?”

     “You did.”

     “What another Marie Brabant?  No, you will tell me, you, this you, but a future you.  You, the special, last hyperdimensional Marie Brabant, but you from after now, has told me.  You have placed guides across the multiverse to help you.  I am one such guide.”

     “I told you?”

     “Yes, that is what I said. Yes.”

     “Some kind of time travel?”

     “Of course!  How could future you tell me things in the past if not for time travel?  That’s a silly question.  Now, you’re being silly.”

     “Okay, okay, sorry.  What’s the second thing you’re supposed to tell me?”

     “You answer to all of your problems rests in the right Jenkins.  The Right Jenkins knows the answer that will help you.  The right Jenkins will help you.”

     “So, not my Jenkins?  Another version of Jenkins?  In another universe?”

     “Of course, there is only one Jenkins per universe, in universes that have Jenkinses.  Only Brabants can have more than one in a universe.  Hence you must be careful of the Boojum Brabant.  Very careful.”

     “Okay, okay, so I need to watch out for this special other version me, and I need to find the right Jenkins.  How will I know if he’s the right Jenkins are not?”

     “He’ll be the Jenkins that can help you, of course.  That’s another silly question…”

     And she heard the buzzing and the temple faded before her.

copyright 2017 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment