Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Glad I'm not a Meteorologist Today...

So, at least here in southern New Jersey the folks at the weather services, university meteorology departments, and the local weather critters all have egg, or more properly a lack of snow, on their faces.  Our illustrious Governor imposed a travel ban on all roadways throughout the entire state last night on the warnings of the above mentioned experts, with no mention as to how long it would last.  So, I got up at 4am this morning to see that we did not get the 6-18 inches of snow they were calling for...in fact there was only a light coating of snow.  Apparently the storm went further east or something.  So, I started getting ready to go to work.  Put the TV on and found out about the travel ban.  I legally couldn't go to work, and neither could my employees.  I called off work for the day, and called all the employees and advised them we were taking a snow day even though there was virtually no snow.  The Travel ban was lifted like at 10am or so, but it was too late by then.  It did keep snowing, in fairness.  We got about 3 inches.  I know because I just got in from shoveling and cleaning the cars off.  Anyway, Snow Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment